Friday, January 13, 2012

Severe Testicular Pain?

Hi, I'm 17 years old turning 18, about 2 weeks ago I went into hospital with severe pain in my right testicle. I had a urine test, blood test, ultrasound, sti screening etc and they didn't find anything, not much swelling however there is a cyst there from when I was 12 but they didn't believe it was causing any pain so I ended up getting an IV shot of morphine and that didn't help the main much at all. I told the ER doctor how much pain I was in but I ended up getting a box of panadeine forte (30mg of codeine/500mg of paracetamol) and of coarse that didn't do a thing. So I went back to the hospital again the following day due to the chronic pain and inability to sleep that night, they ran some more tests and gave me some more morphine, this time a fairly good amount which dulled the pain down a bit. I ended up being discharged a few hours later after the dr diagnosed me with epididymitis and sent me off with a prescription of 500mg ciprofloxacin tablets, roxithromycin tablets and 20 5mg oxycodone tablets. I have been taking these since I got prescribed them until I started getting joint pain in my wrist and arm and wrang the dr which he then told me to cease taking ciprofloxacin. I then saw my GP since I had ran out of oxycodone and he prescribed me another 20 5mg tablets even though I had told him the pain wasn't going away unless I took 20mg at a time. Also my sti screening test came back and I had tested positive for chlamydia so he put me on 500mg of zithromax. I have now finished all my antibiotics and am still in the same severe amount of pain I was in when I first went to the hospital. So, how should I go about getting my doctor to increase the amount of oxycodone? or would I be better off asking for a different medication such as hydromorphone, opana, fentanyl or opana? I have been on hydromorphone and fentanyl once for my back pain and it worked quite well. Would appreciate your opinions on what to do now! Thanks guys

0 comments:

Post a Comment