Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Possible diabetes undetected by doctors?

Unless you are constantly thirsty and drinking a lot of water and going to the bathroom a lot, you are not diabetic. Yes, you may have a problem with a hormone, so hypo- or hyperthyroidism is a possibility. If you are still worried about the possibility of diabetes, ask the doctor to do a glucose tolerance test on you, but don't be surprised if it comes back negative. I've been a type 1 diabetic since I was 26 months old, for 54 years, 2 months and counting. EVERY single type 1 diabetic I've ever talked to either in real life or on-line had some type of viral infection prior to being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, including me. I had roseola, which is caused by a virus, with 106 degree F fevers in November, 1954 6 months before my pediatrician confirmed my mother's diagnosis of diabetes. My mom had three semesters of medical school in the early 1940's. I believe a lot of type 1 diabetes is virally induced, and it is not an auto-immune disease. Once the beta cells that produce insulin are destroyed, they are gone. That's the only logical explanation why it's been 11 years since I've had a serious cold and the last time I got flu vaccination was 2004. Other than my knees telling me when it going to rain, which has been true for more than 25 years because of arthritis, I'm healthier than many other 56 year olds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment