Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2002 dodge durango power steering leak?

Okay well I am hoping dodge man takes this question, He always knows. Well I have a 2002 dodge durango sport 4.7 4wd. Well I replaced the rack and pinion and tie rod ends about six months ago. Its been leaking power steering since it was done. It is leaking right where the threaded hose goes into the top of the rack. I was wondering if maybe it just needed a new O-ring or if using teflon tape would help. I am hoping the line doesnt need replaced because it just drips and needs to be filled every week or two. I dont remember any o rings when I did the job so I am hoping just taking off the lines and putting o rings in would help. But I dont know what size etc. And is there any chance you know what size the nut is on the hose to get it out of the rack, I cant seem to get the right size. Thanks much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment