Friday, January 13, 2012

My husband put a restraining order against me and I cant see my baby or go home. What do I do?

My husband was going into a rage, screaming at me while holding my 1 year old son, who was crying in terror. I was trying to get my husband to calm down, or put my son down or give my son to me. He would not stop yelling, and there was a struggle when I tried to get my son away from him. I slapped at his face, and also dug my nails into his arm to try and get him to let go. He kept pushing me to the ground, three times before I stopped trying. When I backed off he sat down and then allowed me to take my son. I wanted to get me and my son far away from him to allow him time to cool off. He chased me around the house, not allowing us to leave. I had to trick him so I could get to my car and leave. He almost broke my car window when he punched it trying to get into my car. I took off and stopped around the corner to buckle in my son. We drove around for a while, I was waiting for the Police to come but they never did. (He told me he called the police) I went home a few hours later, I had no money, no cell phone, no clothes for my baby. I put the baby back to bed and go to work, and while I'm at work he is at the crossroads safehouse for women, getting thier help to put a restraining order on me and my son. I am devestated and don't know what to do. I have not been served so I filed a motion to lift the restraining order today, but have not heard anything. I can't believe they just take my son away from me like this. I am nursing and this was not how I envisioned weening. Do I need a lawyer? Do I file for divorce? Sepration? Will the restraining order be made permanent. He is getting help from the battered womans shelter and when I called for help they put me off, now I know why. So now I can't get help from his abuse but all they see is that I abused him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment