Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this pain I describe or can give me some insight please?!?

I am a 19 yr old female. I am 5 ft 8 and weight around 145 lbs. On and off for a year now i have experienced a pain in my lower left abdomen, a pain that is sort of above my ovary and kind of wraps over my hip bone and around to my back. I have been told I have IBS but when I am regular or at least think I am I still experience this. I had an ultrasound the first time I experienced this, which cleared my ovaries and I paid 375 dollars to be told I was constipated. i am a college student and don't have health insurance me nor my parents cant afford it and apparently I am not eligible for medicaid or medicare. The pain eventually went away. When I came back to college it showed up again. This is when I felt it in my back. I had my kidneys checked, was tested for STDs, had blood and urine tested, x-rays, been pushed around on and prodded. I am on birth control (Sprintec) have been for over a year now. I feel nauseous a lot and don't know whether to contribute that to the pill or something else. i have taken pregnancy tests all of which were negative. i have been to the doctor about other things as well, including my right hand turning a really dark red out of nowhere which the drs said was to random to be anything, lower back pain which cost me 100 dollars for about 2 hrs of physical therapy that didn't help, pain in my left leg that could have been from when I sprained my mcl or something else considering it has a tendency to bother me when my side does. my family is not supportive and the drs do the same things over and over and I have even lost friends because when i am in pain they call me a negative person. The health center on campus is not equipped with much except an x-ray machine and like i said i don't have health insurance work 12 hrs every 2 weeks so i cant pay for much especially when i have to have a payment to walk in the door at other health clinics. The only procedure i think would be left is a colonoscopy and i guess my drs don't think that's necessary because despite my complaints they just send me home. I take 400 mg ibuprofin for pain and it doesn't seem to make a difference neither. I have tried ice and i have tried heat, i have rotated the two also. This is slowly breaking me down and i don't know what to do now. i just want some insight maybe there is someone out there like me. Can anyone please help me with this..im willing to provide my email if more info is needed just ask for it in the answers part or leave me yours. Anyone plz?

0 comments:

Post a Comment